In addition to volunteering for the chat service the Sibling Coordinator Position is also Available
Dear Group leaders and Volunteers,
The Board of The Compassionate Friends Victoria (TCFV) is seeking to recruit a Sibling Coordinator for 15 hours per week for our sibling support services.
TCFV aims to tailor services to the specific needs of bereaving siblings. In August 2020, the online sibling chat support service was introduced. Sibling Consultation was completed in February 2021.
It recommended some new services be developed including:
- Sibling Memorial website.
- Online sibling support group especially for Regional member
- Sibling social events
The Sibling Support Coordinator position will focus on
- Management of the online sibling chat service and its website
- Management of chat and other volunteers
- Promotion/outreach of sibling services with sector organisations
- Developing new services
Please help to advertise this position, and refer any bereaved sibling who is interested to TCFV.
- At least 2-3 years along in their own grief journey
- A Social Work, Youth Work or counselling background
- Desire to help others utilising their own life experiences
- Have accepted their own grief and will have developed effective coping skills/ strategies
- Have a sense of hope and provide inspiration
- Have strong management and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understand and accept individual differences
- Be open minded, empathetic and respectful
- Must be able to work within boundaries
- Flexibility in hours/ shifts able to work to ensure Chat user needs are met
Interested siblings are invited to submit their resume by 30 September 2021 to Theresa Yeo at email@example.com.