Each year in Victoria, many parents and siblings experience the unexpected trauma of losing their child or their brother or sister. Since our inception in 1978, The Compassionate Friends Victoria has helped thousands of families deal with this loss, supporting each other through our lived experience.
In the last 12 months, we received nearly 4,500 calls to our grief Helpline from people needing one-on-one bereavement support and over 5,000 people attended a bereavement support group across Victoria. This is on top of the numerous other avenues of support The Compassionate Friends provides.
Please help us to support the many families who face the most devastating loss of all…. the loss of a child, brother or sister. Your generosity will allow us to continue to offer compassion and understanding and through this, help each person find a positive way forward in their grief and to build community awareness of the long term impact of this tragedy.
Loving messages from other donors
- In memory of my son Michael. Died 15th Oct 1995 aged 16.
The yearly card I receive really means so much to me.
Please buy some cards or stamps with this small donation. I wish it could be more.
Much love Diane Johnson
- In memory of Jarrod Yong and your care for our family
- in memory of Alexander and Leina.
- In loving memory of Mark
- Our workplace giving on behalf of Wendy Quick
- I lost my son Gareth in 2014, the Compassionate Friends has helped me deal with this loss. I have also made new friends.
- I have experienced what your "clients/friends" have experienced and would have welcomed the support and friendship your organisation offers. I am so glad you are there for others now. Very good wishes
- My heart goes out to every bereaved parent in the world. To live with the loss of a child is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, but "Friends" make the load a little lighter. With all my love and prayers. ....Cathy
- In loving memory of my Granddaughter Valentina De Luca. Merry Christmas my Angel .. Love Grandma
- In memory of Oliver Judd
- In memory of James
- DONATION TO TRAVIA NIGHT
IN LOVING MEMORY OF JAMES MARCON
- remembering all our beautiful children
- I would like to help other families in the same way that we were helped when we lost our son, Gregory, more than 17 years ago.
- Thanks a million!!
- In memory of Mark - I've had so much loving support from TCF since Mark died in February 2008. Thank you.
- Hi Team
Good Luck with the Winter Solstice Event
Sorry I can't make it -
In Loving Memory of James
- Valuable services to people in real need - fantastic work.
- A space to feel safe and understood during the moments of hopelessness is something that we all should have.
- In memory of our beautiful daughter, Kelly Theobald, who passed away on 2nd October 2015. Forever in our hearts.
- In memory of my son Gareth J. Crawford for giving Tuesday.
- In memory of our son Ben and with thanks to TCF
- After my Daughter died I searched for information to make sense of what was going on in my life. Search for ideas to lessen the pain. I felt alone and abounded but Compassion friends sent out much useful information for me to learn to cope with life once again and to know that someone cares and knows what I'm going through.
- In fond memory of Nancy Wicking
- To my loving son Chris, he will forever be in our hearts and memories.
- In memory of Oliver Judd
- A donation on behalf of Mercy Health for all the good work that you do.
- A donation in memory of a gorgeous little angel, Maya Quteifan who was taken far to soon. Her smile and laughter brightened the room. She was and will always be loved by many. She will forever be in our hearts and memories!
- Happy Birthday Valentina from Grandma and Grand dad
- Thank you Andrew for your help. Am looking forward to receiving the copy of the Creedo. My friend will love it.