Each year in Victoria, many parents and siblings experience the unexpected trauma of losing their child or their brother or sister. Since our inception in 1978, The Compassionate Friends Victoria has helped thousands of families deal with this loss, supporting each other through our lived experience.
In the last 12 months, we received nearly 3,500 calls to our grief Helpline from people needing one-on-one bereavement support and over 2,000 attendances at a bereavement support group across Victoria. This is on top of the numerous other avenues of support The Compassionate Friends provides.
Please help us to support the many families who face the most devastating loss of all…. the loss of a child, brother or sister. Your generosity will allow us to continue to offer compassion and understanding and through this, help each person find a positive way forward in their grief and to build community awareness of the long term impact of this tragedy.
Loving messages from other donors
Key Areas of Expenditure
- Funding the 24-hour Grief Helpline
- Covering the cost of sending a care package to a newly bereaved family
- Providing specialist training for support group facilitators and Helpline phone answerers
- Costs of printing and distributing bi-monthly magazine to bereaved families
- The purchasing and sending costs of anniversary cards to ensure a child or sibling is never forgotten
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes, a receipt will be sent to you immediately by email when approved.
The Compassionate Friends Victoria is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act