Gathering 2016 – Building a new future together
October 21, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - October 23, 2016 @ 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Our theme “Building A New Future – Together” reflects rebuilding our lives after the loss of our loved ones. Coming together with others who can truly understand your grief experience can be so helpful.
Friday evening to Sunday afternoon
21 October – 23 October 2016
The Compassionate Friends gathering weekend offers the opportunity to experience the support of other bereaved family members who have an understanding of what you are going through and you may even make new friends.
The weekend allows time for grief sharing workshops and self-care activities, with plenty of free time to sit back, chat and enjoy the fresh air and lovely views.
Accommodation is available for Friday night and Saturday night if required.
WORKSHOPS – Each workshop offers the opportunity to hear information from other bereaved parents and siblings, as well as share your experiences on a particular topic, reflect on our ongoing experience and gain insights to assist you on your grief journey.
SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES – A range of activities including craft, relaxation and movement designed to help heal the mind and body and making friends along the way.
QUIET ROOM – A room will be available at all times during the weekend where you can take a break from the activities, sit in silence and reflect or have one-on-one support from a trained group leader.
What people liked about being at the TCF Gathering in 2014
- I found the entire weekend was conducted in a very loving atmosphere
- I had an amazing special time
- Vito the guest speaker was excellent / brilliant
- Interaction with others, especially with newly bereaved & seeing how they became hopeful over the weekend
- Everyone spoke to me and I made more friends.
- I exchanged phone numbers with other participants with whom I became friendly