Honouring the Past, Supporting the Future
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the tragic loss of Rhys Harmer, a young boy who lost his life in a traffic accident at just 11 years old.
Rhys’ parents, Lindsay and Margaret, were devastated by the loss of their beloved son and searched for support from those who might understand their pain.
In honour of Rhys and his family’s legacy, The Compassionate Friends Victoria was established 5 years later to provide a support system for other families who have lost loved ones.
The organisation has since become a vital resource for parents, grandparents, and siblings in Victoria who are navigating the difficult and often isolating journey of grief.
As we commemorate the 50th anniversary of Rhys’ life, we would like to invite you to join us in supporting families in their time of need as we aim to raise $20,000.
Your donation will help us continue to provide compassionate and understanding support to those who need it the most.
Your generosity will make a meaningful difference in the lives of families who are grieving and struggling to cope with their loss.
By donating to The Compassionate Friends Victoria, you will be making a tangible difference in the lives of those who are facing the unimaginable pain of losing a loved one.
Your support will ensure that Rhys’ legacy lives on and that other families in Victoria can receive the comfort and understanding they need during this difficult time.
Thank you for considering supporting The Compassionate Friends Victoria.
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those who are grieving so they may grieve, heal, and grow on their new journey.
Download and print this form and send through the post to:
P.O. Box 171
CANTERBURY VIC 3126
Rhys, his siblings and parents (Margaret and Lindsay Harmer -TCFV founders)
$50 – Provides access to all grief support services complimentary for 12 months for a newly bereaved member
$100 – Helps deliver a community education session for 25 people, providing insights on what to say and how to care for a bereaved person
$250 – Allows 12 newly bereaved members to attend a workshop, helping them to understand their grief reactions and connect with other bereaved families
$500 – Covers the purchase and postage of 140 anniversary cards sent to bereaved families to let them know their loved one is never forgotten
$1000 – Subsidises the cost of delivering a specialist support group for six months
Loving messages from other donors
- Hi Team Good Luck with the Winter Solstice Event Sorry I can't make it - In Loving Memory of James
- In fond memory of Nancy Wicking
- In memory of Oliver Judd
- Thank you Andrew for your help. Am looking forward to receiving the copy of the Creedo. My friend will love it.
- In memory of our son Ben and with thanks to TCF
- After my Daughter died I searched for information to make sense of what was going on in my life. Search for ideas to lessen the pain. I felt alone and abounded but Compassion friends sent out much useful information for me to learn to cope with life once again and to know that someone cares and knows what I'm going through.
- In memory of Oliver Judd
- In loving memory of my Granddaughter Valentina De Luca. Merry Christmas my Angel .. Love Grandma
- A donation in memory of a gorgeous little angel, Maya Quteifan who was taken far to soon. Her smile and laughter brightened the room. She was and will always be loved by many. She will forever be in our hearts and memories!
- In loving memory of Mark
- To my loving son Chris, he will forever be in our hearts and memories.
- Our workplace giving on behalf of Wendy Quick
- I have experienced what your "clients/friends" have experienced and would have welcomed the support and friendship your organisation offers. I am so glad you are there for others now. Very good wishes
- In memory of our beautiful daughter, Kelly Theobald, who passed away on 2nd October 2015. Forever in our hearts.
- I lost my son Gareth in 2014, the Compassionate Friends has helped me deal with this loss. I have also made new friends.
- In memory of my son Gareth J. Crawford for giving Tuesday.
- A donation on behalf of Mercy Health for all the good work that you do.
- In memory of Jarrod Yong and your care for our family
- A space to feel safe and understood during the moments of hopelessness is something that we all should have.
- I would like to help other families in the same way that we were helped when we lost our son, Gregory, more than 17 years ago. Carmen Phelan
- remembering all our beautiful children
- In memory of Mark - I've had so much loving support from TCF since Mark died in February 2008. Thank you.
- in memory of Alexander and Leina.
- In memory of James
- Thanks a million!!
- My heart goes out to every bereaved parent in the world. To live with the loss of a child is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, but "Friends" make the load a little lighter. With all my love and prayers. ....Cathy
- DONATION TO TRAVIA NIGHT IN LOVING MEMORY OF JAMES MARCON
- Happy Birthday Valentina from Grandma and Grand dad
- In memory of my son Michael. Died 15th Oct 1995 aged 16. The yearly card I receive really means so much to me. Please buy some cards or stamps with this small donation. I wish it could be more. Much love Diane Johnson
- Valuable services to people in real need - fantastic work.
Key Areas of Expenditure
- Funding the 24-hour Grief Helpline
- Covering the cost of sending a care package to a newly bereaved family
- Providing specialist training for support group facilitators and Helpline phone answerers
- Costs of printing and distributing bi-monthly magazine to bereaved families
- The purchasing and sending costs of anniversary cards to ensure a child or sibling is never forgotten
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes, a receipt will be sent to you immediately by email when approved.
The Compassionate Friends Victoria is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act