We have partnerships with some properties that offer reduced-cost stays to members of TCFV, a chance for some “time out” .
Please feel more than welcome to enquire further about available dates, etc.
The Retreat at Mt Cathedral – offering stays to bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents
- set dates are offered to TCFV (please enquire with retreat coordinator Andrew McNess (firstname.lastname@example.org) about upcoming dates
- a 2-night midweek stay
- $40 per night
More information on retreat here.
Magpie & Milnedale Cottages (Glen Forbes) offering stays to bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents
- please enquire with retreat coordinator Andrew McNess (email@example.com) about dates you are seeking to stay; Andrew will check availability.
- stay can be from 1 to 6 nights
- no nightly cost as such (owners just ask for a $20-40 donation)
More information on cottages here.
Forever Held Foundation‘s Retreat (Naringal) for parents bereaved of a child 18 years and under
- Any parent who has experienced the death of their child (from conception to age 18) is eligible for a short-stay at the retreat.
- There is no cost for the stay, but you are welcome to leave a small donation which contributes to the ongoing upkeep of the property.
- You can make a booking here: https://foreverheld.org.au/bookings/
Once you have submitted the booking request form, the Foundation will require you to return a referral completed by a health professional OR a statutory declaration. The template form for each option will be emailed to you after you submit your booking. If you are a member of TCFV, we can complete that referral for you. Just forward the online referral form to Andrew McNess at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will fill it out and return it.
More information on the retreat can be found here.