Dear members of TCFV,
We wish to update you on our services, present and upcoming. The COVID-19 situation poses many challenges and struggles for us all, but at TCFV we are striving to uphold a community of support for bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents.
Please see below the ways in which we seek to achieve this, and please take advantage of these services. Please know we are here for you.
TCFV BEREAVEMENT TELEPHONE SUPPORT-LINE
Our Support-line: 9888 4944
- For all members of TCFV to utilise – it doesn’t matter if you’re new in your grief or many years down the road – it is here for you.
- It is also for any new people venturing into the organisation
TCFV WEBSITE & FACEBOOK PAGE
- Both regularly provide information and updates, re. our services, impact of COVID-19 on mental health, tips for coping
- Re. website, you can click on the WANT TO CONNECT window to ask to be contacted by a TCFV peer supporter in the coming days
ONLINE GROUP SUPPORT
- Online Compassionate Friends group support is available to members of TCFV at a national level. The sessions are facilitated by QLD group leaders. To register to attend a meeting, please visit: Online Support Groups
FACE-TO-FACE SUPPORT GROUPS
- The move back to hosting face-to-face support groups will need to be gradual. If you are wondering about the status of your support group, please contact TCFV on 9888 4944 / 1300 064 068.
- The following is a document on COVID-19 related safety guidelines with attending face-to-face meetings: TCFV Support and Social Support Groups during COVID-19
TOPICS AROUND GRIEF
- These discussion workshops are now held online, until further notice. Please see the Events page for upcoming workshops.
VIRTUAL WALK TO REMEMBER (8-10 May 2020)
- This event has now been held. Pictures and posts from the event can be found here.
ONLINE EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH ART
- We have run weekly classes of “Express Yourself Through Art” throughout April and May, and are now exploring the possibility of providing further classes in subsequent months.
- This wonderful service will continue during the COVID-19 situation
“GRIEVE HEAL GROW” MAGAZINE
- This magazine will continue to be produced every three months.
- A recommended project during COVID-19 (or any time, really!). Instructions on creating a mosaic found here.
“Behind the Scenes” Support:
We must also sincerely thank group leaders and “follow up” callers for their checking in with so many members of our TCFV community, both metropolitan and regional, during this unprecedented time. We must also thank the follow-up callers for their ongoing work checking in on people who are still quite new to TCFV. We are seeing wonderful support during this most unsettled of times.
SERVICES POSTPONED OR SUSPENDED
The welfare of our members is the most important priority of The Compassionate Friends. Consequently, we have taken steps to reduce your exposure to the Corona Virus through participation in TCF activities. They are outlined below:
Canterbury Drop-In Centre: This will be closed until further notice. Our staff and volunteers will be working from home. Please check for updates on when the Centre re-opens and under what restrictions.
Walk To Remember: This has been postponed to a date yet to be determined.
Face-to-face Support Groups: We are making steps towards reopening
Social Events: Unfortunately, any planned social events that we would normally have, are now on hold until further notice. We will review as restrictions ease.
If there is one thing the COVID-19 situation is forcing us to do is find unique ways to connect in this most isolating of times. We will be exploring more support options over the coming months. Do you have any suggestions, too? What type of support might feel meaningful for you? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you and your family all the very best in this trying time.
Please note: TCFV is not a crisis service. If you need immediate crisis support, please contact:
Suicide Line 1300 651 251 / Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467 / Lifeline 13 11 14